Summer time is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the fresh air and nature. However, it also means temperatures are at their highest, which can be plenty uncomfortable not only outdoors but in your home as well.
When the temperatures start to rise, it can be difficult to keep your garden comfortable. However, there are some benefits to a cooler garden. Here are a few reasons why you should consider keeping your garden cool this summer:
Cooler temperatures mean less stress on your plants
When the temperatures get too hot, it can cause stress on your plants which can lead to them dying. By keeping your garden cool, you can help reduce the amount of stress on your plants and help them stay healthy.
A cooler garden is also good for the environment
Hotter temperatures mean more water evaporation which can lead to drought conditions. By keeping your garden cool, you can help reduce water evaporation and help conserve water.
Luckily, there are several things you can do to keep your garden cooler this summer:
- Use light-colored mulch in your garden. This will reflect the heat and keep the soil cooler.
- Plant trees and shrubs around the perimeter of your garden. They will provide shade and help keep the temperature down.
- Try to find some outdoor furniture to match your garden style and have a place for rest. For example, you can install a patio gazebo in your garden to provide additional shade. Most gazebos on the market come with curtains or mosquito nets, which can effectively keep some insects out. You can take a nap, read a book, drink tea, etc. in the gazebo, which is a very pleasant thing.
- Use a fan to circulate air in your garden. This will help evaporate any moisture on the leaves and keep the air moving. Especially on hot and cloudy days, you can clearly feel the benefits of having a fan.
- Water your plants in the morning or evening when it is cooler outside. Watering during the hottest part of the day will just cause the water to evaporate quickly.
- Use cold white solar lights to light up your garden. If your solar lights are warm, then it is recommended that you switch to cool white. This color can make people feel cool in hot summer. If you are planning to add some lights to your garden, consider these types: solar pathway lights solar fence lights、solar deck lights and solar string lights.
- Add some sprinklers or small fountains to your garden. Water is the most immediate element to cool down the garden. Flowing water not only brings vitality to your garden, but also brings laughter to your family and friends.
There are just a few key things mentioned above. Keep them in mind if you want to keep your garden cooler. By following these tips, you can enjoy a cool and comfortable garden all summer long.
The post How to Keep Your Garden Cooler appeared first on urdesignmag.